Thread: So selfish
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
denny57

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
And whats so frustrating is that I have to do all this crap to get his things out, packing HIS stuff not mine, that I haven't really been able to focus on the stuff I need to do.. ie-looking for a new place, packing MY things. etc.
lexusgirl - When our house was sold last December, AH was permitted to come and get his "personal" belongings. He chose not to. I put the household belongings (to be divided by court order) in a pod, some with friends, the piano in a warehouse, etc. I am paying the rent on the 2 storage places. AH disappeared for over 3 months.

In the past 10 days, he has surfaced and I am getting letters from his attorneys saying I have denied him access, have sold the stuff, have used it for my new residence, etc. Nowhere in there did anyone mention who took care of packing it all up and paying for the storage.

Last Friday they took me to court over it. More attorneys fees. Yay.

I gave it a hard think. I wrote a letter to my attorney telling her it was far too stressful for me to be the guardian of this stuff any longer and that I was having the pod delivered to AH. Also I was hiring a truck and sending him everything else, which he could then take care of until it was divided per court order.

The next night I got a panicked letter from his attorney saying if it wasn't too late, please do not send the stuff to AH, as where would he store it? Mind you, there was still no offer to pay for storage.

During the past 3 months, I also moved into a new place, bought a new business and continued to run my other business.

It sounds like you want him to act responsibly. He will not. This does not have to take up all your time. I fought these battles for many years. I had to take a good look at myself and see it was mostly about my need to be right. My desire to have him, and the rest of the whole dang world, acknowledge I was a friggin martyr.

I've learned a lot about myself these past 3 months by choosing not to fight this battle with him. Turn it around as a learning experience for you and I will bet you ANYTHING you find a great place to live.

Hang in there.