View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
fifty
Spiritualist for Fatima

Least,

I can totally sympathize with you and these panic attacks. The other day (read my blog), I felt them coming and then boom! I was breathing fast, holding my heart, rolling left to right in the bed, and then stood up and started pacing. Felt like the world was coming to an end. Sad thing is that drinking has messed my 'wiring' up. I thought drinking would help me sleep but nope, if anything I have messed up my sleep patterns and am on OTC meds too. One thing I just researched and learned is that (and I hope I'm not being repetative) but meds that contain Diphenhydramine can trigger panic attacks as well as insomnia. Odd right, you're taking something to put you to sleep only for it to do the opposite. I finally had to think about what was triggering them. When they happen a good thing to do is to breath in through your nose on the count of seven and out through your mouth on the count of seven all while putting the tip of your tongue on the ridge line of your top teeth (back side) and where the gum meets. I know it sounds crazy but it helps me a lot. Also try to tell yourself calmly that, "everything is fine." It's going to take some time to get this all situated but you will find that being sober will help to diminish it. I've been on seroquil, adavan, everything and none of it worked for me...BUT.....it may for you. Just keep asking questions and we will find something for you. Take care and best wishes!

Fifty