View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Chino

least, have you called your doc? Remember, nothing changes if nothing changes.

warrens... thank you,

My daughter knew she needed a psychologist for several issues and when she found one she liked outside of our insurance network, I almost balked. He doesn't accept insurance but will give you the necessary paper work to file. But we could afford it so I figured what the heck, we'll see how this goes.

He is the one who recommended the pdoc. Said it was the only psychiatrist he recommends to anyone because he doesn't indiscriminately throw meds at patients. Thing of it is, the pdoc doesn't accept insurance either so I was ready to say no way because I'm a major tightwad.

I'm so glad I ate the cost on both of them! That EEG also ended up showing a mild TBI that needed to be treated. It was impairing my daughters logic and that isn't good for a drug addict, you know?

When he suggested the rEEG, he point blank said it would prevent the lab rat syndrome and did it ever.

By the way, her pdoc is married to a neurologist and they had a daughter with severe intractible epilepsy. She passed away three months ago at the age of six. They also have an autistic son. Their children drove them to search every avenue and provide the best options for their patients.

This is another one of those situations where benefit is gained from other's pain