View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
warrens

Interesting thread for a lot of reasons. There is some very powerful stuff going on here-from everyone.

If one looks at the post and the responses carefully, and impartially, I think we can learn a lot about ourselves and our 'issues.' Addiciton and relationships. Like DNA, a double helix. Each a strand.

Sure, I think I know how I "feel" about this thread, but it isn't important to express that. What I would like to express is my sense that it can be an opportunity for all of us to try out another "skin." Try out a different gender and addiction role. A lesson in empathy and a lesson in principles. They can be complementary and they can be mutually exclusive. None is better, I think. What is important to me is to reflect on both when looking at a situation. To pass things through my emotional, logical, and spiritual filters.

What is so important is to recognize that addiction is truly (in part) a social disease. Remove relationships and society and is there an "ism?" It can be argued both ways, I think.

What is so cool about this community is that few of us are unchanged by it. And that is the definition of learning-change over time. We come here sure about some things. I think we may leave a different person. Recovery too is synonymous with change over time. Sometimes it is important to reflect upon that.

warren