Old 04-10-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
warrens

Least

I wonder if it is not too early to "sort out" all of your feelings. You have a lot going on in your life, your head, and your body. Including meds and withdrawal from alcohol. That is a dizzying recipe.

But I think that you are focused on what is most important-the key to it all-your recovery. The depression, the unemployment, your daughter, all of these and more are tied somehow to your addiction. You can address each and more far more effectively if free from the demon. If you try to tackle the others first without being in recovery, well you predict the outcome.

Is there a doctor skilled enough to isolate the source of your depression at this point? If so, I would like the name of that doctor.

Perhaps if you look at your depression as pretty logical right now it might ease some of the fear you have. Depression with no cause is the real demon. You are doing a remarkable job of giving recovery your all while carrying a huge life load. Is there any wonder that you are depressed and have anxiety? Makes perfect sense to me. I think understanding our pain is the first step to lessening and eliminating it. Give yourself a break. Commend yourself for not giving in, as many would. And accept the fact that most people with a temperature over 70 and your load to carry would have depressing thoughts. It is what you do with them that counts.

Take it EASY, but TAKE it!

warren