View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

((codienewife))

that is tough to have those situations early in the morning - hate it when my mornings have started off that way too.

You say that it will probably be all I can do to not do something - my suggestion & what worked for me - was not using my energy to NOT do something, but to use my energy to DO something constructive for myself.

Like walk into another room, distance myself from them, leave the house, go take a walk in the park, do some gardening, straighten my closet, go to the library, rearrange my sock drawer, watch a movie, turn on the radio and dance/exercise my cares away - just anything that can take my mind off the things I wish I could make them understand.

I know in my head the A's in my life will probably never understand my perspective so talking to them while they are active in their disease is liking trying to have a conversation with a Pine Tree.

If I can ever get the Pine Tree to agree to do what I want it to do, then I know I'll be ready to get the alcoholic/addict to do what I want them to do.

Just gotta take care of ourselves and try to smile along the way.

Hope your evening is filled with peace and you are have to more calmness in your home than you woke up to this morning,
Rita