Thread: Need advice..
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
I feel as though the cop is on his side and demanded I give him his things ASAP. Ummmmm hello! I have a life too and I have been very busy and things have been chaotic around here.
Yes, you DO have a life. The cop is not taking sides, he is performing his duties. Don't take it personally. The guy doesn't know you or your bf from jack. He's just doing what he has to do.

Originally Posted by lexusgirl View Post
I am supposed to call the cop back to give him a time by 8 pm tonight. Grrrrr I'm so mad..this isn't fair..what do I do just let him come over and get things with the cop?
Yes, you just let him come over and get HIS things (the operative word here is HIS; not his and your's...). I understand your frustration with this matter, lexusgirl, but I want to offer my opinion here. This is not just pointed at you, but at a lot of folks here who say, "this isn't fair, " "life isn't fair," "I'm unhappy with this situation; this man; this relationship."

Where is there a guarantee that life is fair? Life is not fair. People who lie, cheat, and steal get away with stuff all the time. Folks who try to play fair and by the rules get run over and stomped on. This is reality.

The best thing you can do, in my opinion, is let your bf in, get him to gather his stuff quickly, remain passive and as pleasant as possible. Then thank God that this loser is getting out of your life!