Thread: Need advice..
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Unfortunately, he has a right to his things. But, be careful here. He may try to come in and take things that aren't his, especially if a cop is there. Do not let him take anything out of there that isn't his. Don't let the police intimidate you. Don't give him anything thinking that you can get it back later. That won't be easy. I made that mistake and never, ever saw my big screen tv again.

I agree, you just may be stuck with the bills he incured. Maybe. It depends on what kind of bill it is. Is it in his name? If so, have the bills forwarded to his parents house or wherever he may be staying.Except if they are bills for utilities, you may want to get them switched to your name asap before he calls and has them cut off. Then it can be a few days before you have things turned back on. If they're in your name and he agreed to pay some or all of them, I'm afraid you are more than likely stuck.

Whatever you do, don't play with the Police. Just be respectful, and if they said you have to call by a certain time, you better call.

Good Luck,
Judy
Don't let this be you