View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 11:07 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi friends, old and new.

A special 'hello' to you, Dakota- it's nice to hear from you again, I was wondering how you, Pip and the family were doing. Thanks for dropping by.

I haven't been over here for a long time. I'm lurking and reading every now and then and am so glad to see this thread continue to be of help to all who have loved ones in prison or jail. A huge thank you to Cinderella for starting the thread in the first place!

After living through all of what brought me to this thread, I find that sometimes I just need a break from those memories. In other words, I am slowly healing from the trauma of seeing close up and personal, the ravages of addiction.

There are alot of memories that recur at times and I feel the feelings I couldn't face when I was actually in the thick of things. I'm being gentle with myself and moving forward with my life and forever trying to place my focus on _me_ and what I need.

I'm getting back into Alanon after some time away and my life is pretty good right now. AS has almost two years clean and is getting married in May! He has a good job and a nice place to live. We are so happy for him and just love our new daughter-in-law.

By best wishes to all!