View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Pick-a-name

Wow...........I could have written your post about 10 or so years ago. I was always told I was "over-reacting",too. Alcoholics don't just "get over it"; sadly,it doesn't even stay at the same level. Without work on their part,it always gets worse. My (now ex)AH is slowly evolving into a person I do not recognize. He is still making a good living (working for the people who bought the company he started) but I get the feeling that things are showing a few cracks.

I'm glad you found this place;it is a life-saver for me. Under the Influence really helped me,and the Getting Them Sober books,too (see Getting Them Sober- Recovery Communications for some preview chapters). I hope you stick around with us.

Learning about alcoholism and also about my choices for myself and our kids has helped me. Reading a post like yours helps me,too.........I still find myself second-guessing myself from time to time,even now (some of us are sicker than others ) It is a slow process,but at least I feel I am headed the right direction.