Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
hope213

another mom of an addict son here. i am sorry for you & your son. my son has been an addict since before he was 23. at 23 he was serving his first term in prison due to drugs. he will be 38 this month & still doing the same things. he has been in & out of prison, more in than out since he was 23.he is going to court yet again wed. & it is a wait & see game of what will happen to him.he could be tried as a habitul felon & can get 18 yr. this site has saved my sanity. it is depressing to hear so many horror stories of what the addicts do & what can happen to them. that is why u need meetings & this site. face it, it can happen to your son if he does not want the help & does not think he needs it.here we learn to take care of ourselves. my son was not raised to do the things he does. i used to wonder what i did wrong with him. here i finally realized the 3 c's,
i did not CAUSE it, i can not CONTROL it & i can not CURE it. this is my sons (& your sons) problem.they are the only one who can fix it. you have no control. i say a prayer for my son every morning & then turn him over to my H.P. welcome to S.R. we r here for you. please keep coming back. my prayers are for you & him both. hugs,