View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Before I forget, Pamm and Trish, I am starting a new support group called Stuck on Post Its:rof

I'm not puter savy enough to put my cat's pic on here too. It took me awhile to figure out how to get his pictures on my profile and now I have to rack my brain and put it here too? Enough already! You'll have to look at my Profile Photo Album to experience the fuzzy beast named Tabs.

I shared on some other threads how I got my cat in Oct. of '05 when I had a few months in Recovery. After I picked him out of the litter of fur balls, on my way out the door I asked the woman who had the kittens if she knew when his birthday was. After she checked in a book in the other room, I was floored when she said July 25. I was reborn on that day! My Sobriety/Surrender date is July 25th!

I started out thinking I had a female due to all of his fur, it was pretty hard trying to find "anything." I discovered differently when he became friendly with my one bathrobe. He had it in his mouth and was kneeding it with his paws when all of a sudden it looked as though he was having a seizure or something! About 30 seconds later, he just sorta fell over with that glazed, fulfilled look in his eyes and I saw something sticking out from all the fur. Now what was I gonna do? I couldn't call this male cat Tabitha anymore! Hence, Tabs.

He's a great friend. He "talks in his sleep," senses when I'm feeling down and bring me a toy to play fetch with. He'll drop it in front of me and if I don't react right away, he sits up on his hind legs and meows in a long, drawn out moan. He loves olives, getting in the shower and hides his toys in my shoes. He has even been known to drag my keys out of my purse and hide them under the rug in the bathroom.

I love this fuzz ball who is sitting on my foot right now as I'm posting this. My foot is asleep so I must go!

FuzzyButts Mom