View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 04:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zoomer
Gold Member

I use to spend money and use credit cards like a fool when I was active. It took me 5 years to get out of the mess I was in. I also got a large amount from a grandparent dying and bought new furniture for my house only to get divorced and had to leave it there. I try to look at the bright side of things and learn from my mistakes. I also made lots of money amends in sobriety that took some of my inheritance and poof it was all gone. Today I'm not perfect with money,but I'm a lot better than I was. I guess you could ask yourself if you learned from your mistakes or could you improve. I too like the promises about fear of people and economic insecurity will leave us. I think that statement means that if we follow the steps in all of our affairs then we will not have to worry that we are pissing away money on drinking and drugging that we can use for food,bills... It means a lot more too like not worrying if we live in a high priced lifestyle or that if we live lower,we can have acceptance of the lower lifesyle. Our needs will be met some how or another if we trust in God and keep our side of the street clean. I know for me that I work and get paid and if I was drinking I could not work due to hangovers thus making me worry about money. I think it is healthy to have regrets only to use them as a stepping stone to not let things happen again. I have several regrets and cringe at the thought of my behavior,but I don't dwell on them. I can only do what I can do today to build a better future.