View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by jehnifer View Post
There was another argument last night with RAH about an issue that keeps coming up -I've drawn my boundaries and will not give in, he says he sees no solution except for him to just be angry (and continue to badger me). Hurtful things were said, anger, distance, storming out the door, me saying I'm sorry (for what I am not sure - his anger? his unhappiness?), then silent treatment, then off to bed. I have a terrible nights sleep. Then comes morning. I am worn down but have always just put on my "happy good morning" attitude as if the whole thing has blown over. Do I fake it til I make it, or do I act sad because I am sad or act fed up because I am fed up. I typcially do not carry around a negative attitude or grudge with him...its not my nature. But i also dont feel like acting all happy because Im not. This is so hard for me to explain but I seem to have lost touch with how I am feeling and/or how to show that on the outside. It helps to write this. Thanks for listening.

I can remember the line from Melody Beattie, 'they stand around glaring at you until you apologize' Her advice, and when it came up for me I didn't handle it well, was to not react when THEY cross the boundaries. They f**k up, why am I getting angry about it? I should have merely enforced the boundary, instead I got angry and caved in. The thing that she mentioned also is to be prepared, they will ALWAYS attempt to test those fences. Hang in there, I'm fortunate in that I could simply walk away from my toxic relationship, my thoughts go out to you.

:ghug3:ghug3