View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
fluffyarmpit

Originally Posted by squirty View Post
I'm really sorry if I'm gonna come across out of order here cus I know that everyone here is struggling...

but the thing is... this thread has caused me some distress today and I think it's important to say this.

At the moment I am on a subutex detox and have been for about 7 months. As I said on your other thread Fluffy, subs have saved my life and I am SO much stronger now...

but I am still a weak addict and I do struggle sometimes and to be perfectly honest with you guys, talking about snorting subs is really unhelpful to my recovery and it's pissed me off that people are discussing it.

I have always loved shoving things up my nose... anything really and my nose has suffered for it...

but the thing is that was how I was in active addiction. Of course, I've wanted to snort subs but have I done it? NO... because I am taking them to recover and I've put faith in my doctor to help me get better. Surprisingly, my doctor did not tell me to crush my subs up and snort them!!!

Like a good girl, I put them under my tongue and wait for them to dissolve as prescribed.

Snorting drugs is not recovery surely?

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as anal. It's just, if you knew how hard it had been for me to do this right and how close this thread made me come to wanting to snort my subs, I think you might understand why I'm upset.

Fluffy, I hope you find the right path. It is such a shame that cost is an issue. This is where I am eternally grateful for the NHS. I know my doctor could have prescribed me either methadone or subs and he was keen to go on the sub route (remember he doesn't gain financially by this choice). The way he put it would be that he (as an addiction specialiast) would prescribe methadone for someone with a severe heroin addiction to stabalise them on and then put them on subs once they'd stabalised on the methadone. With me, he just made me stabalise on painkillers (still at a high dose) and then switched to subs. THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIENCE!!!

I'm sorry squirty if it made you feel like that, the reason I asked is because the one you can snort, is the one I do not want. I'm used to snorting things, which is part of the habbit, so whichever one I can't snort I want.