View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bval

If it's any consolation, I can tell you first hand that the amount you were taking, for that period of time ... was NOTHING my friend.

Sure, it's enough to feel some serious withdrawals, but I'm gonna predict you're going to be feeling pretty damn close to normal in 3-4 more days, tops.

And if it's meant to be with this girl, she's gonna like you for the 'real you'. If she doesn't, the WORST thing you can do is get caught up in worrying about that and end up using again over it.

Get to some AA/NA meetings immediately is my best advice. Go every day, twice a day if need be. Sit there, shut your mouth, and just LISTEN. Don't try to figure it out, just go, and a listen for the next few weeks. Get yourself a big book at both meetings (NA and AA), and the pamphlet 'Living Sober' at an AA meeting. And read them. Substitute 'drugs' for 'alcohol' whenever you see/hear the word. It's the same damn disease anyway.

Trust me when I say, you DON'T want to f**k this up once you've made it to 5 days. The worst is through. If you made it to the gym, TRUST ME, you're doing AWESOME.

You don't want to see where this disease will take you if you *really* let it get out of hand. It can get MUCH, MUCH, MUCH worse than 20 vicodin a day my friend. MUCH WORSE... Trust me, I know...

Good luck, and keep posting