View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Hey there Fiercetears, hope you are ok?

Originally Posted by fiercetears View Post
...And while I want more children, I am terrified of getting pregnant. I've had relations with him and every time I feel like I am prostituting myself for a roof for myself and my child's head...
Protect yourself against getting pregnant, with all the instabililty of your life right now, another baby would not be a good idea. I'm sure you already know this! By the by, you have the right to say no to sex. just cos he wants it doesn't mean you've got to put out. Sex should be an act of love and spiritual and physical closeness between two people who respect and care and love one another, not to ensure you keep your home!

Originally Posted by fiercetears View Post
...I'm a PhD student and he makes the majority of the income and neither of us could pay the bills on our own. The majority of the cc debt is in my name and if I leave, I could barely pay rent and minimums on the cards, and we have a car loan in my name and all the medical bills..
In order to begin breaking free if you want that is to organise the debt. If debts were obtained by both of you, could you get his name on the paper work? That way you are both liable, which a shared debt should be. Think about transfering cc debts to a new card with 0% rate and clearing them off? I have no idea how the medical system works in America, but I wouldn't pay any of his fees! There are plenty of debt management companies out there who could help you/give advice or even negotiate a repayment schedule with your debtors on your behalf. Have a search around.

Good Luck to you
Lily xxxxxxxxxxx