Old 04-01-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
sojourner

Okay, i gotta get on this bandwagon...

I remember, before i went to kindergarten, there was a program for pre-schoolers. The lady who was the teacher was SO NICE!!!

I remember The Friendly Giant. I still can hum the theme song (played on a flute) as the Friendly Giant took us into the make-believe land. I remember only being able to see his hand and arm as he moved the figures around and told the story. He was SO NICE!

I remember Soupy Sales, White Fang, Black Tooth, and the pies in the face. He was so funny.

I remember Johnny Ginger.

I remember Shock Theatre for the older kids. It did not get over until midnight, so only the older kids could watch it. All B movies I think.

I remember coming home from morning kindergarten. My mom would make me lunch and I would watch I Love Lucy. She was so inspiring for me - here was a person who not a raving beauty nor did she want to be - but she grasped life to the fullest!

I remember Dialing for Dollars with Rita Bell and waiting for my phone to ring when she would call people.

I remember the afternoon movie with Bill Kennedy. He would give tidbits of his former career in Hollywood when he was an actor. He was in one of the Superman TV shows I think, and he liked to talk about that.

My favorite cartoon was the one with Fractured Fables and the Russian couple (Boris and Natasha).