View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
itisatruth

Originally Posted by PacNorwesterner View Post
As mothers, we are building great cathedrals. We cannot be seen if we're doing it right. And one day, it is very possible that the world will marvel, not only at what we have built, but at the beauty that has been added to the world by the sacrifices of invisible women.
What a great way to put it. Sometimes parenthood can seem like a long-term savings account: you put in, you put in......but don't see the dividends right away. What we do as mothers, even though it isn't always obvious, does make a huge difference. So, for all you parents out there......thank you for all you do.

I read this post the other day, but reread it today because its my son's 20th birthday. Sometimes I can't believe how he has matured into such a kind young man. How did that happen?? He moved away to college last year, so I won't be able to see him today, but I called him at midnight last night to say happy birthday. He just laughed at me.

I remember when he started needing me less and doing more for himself. In place of that emptiness I got a friend in return. I miss him so much. I worry about him all the time in a big city. I hope he continues to follow his dreams.

Happy Birthday Son6

Thanks for this post!