Old 03-30-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
So Cal

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i was seeing a phsych,and going to meetings everyday for the first 8 mos until i moved out of state,,,it was very helpful to me and i enjoyed it.
I didnt at first and my family really had to push start me to get me going but i was glad they did and i met some good people at the meetings.
Ive been on suboxone now for 4yrs and dont have a clue as to how long i'll be on it.,,my insurance covers it and i only have to see the doctor every 2mos,and im having no side affects so i really have no reason to stop and lots of reasons to continue.
I was put on sub after being in a coma for a month from drug use.,,,if i hadnt been put on sub i would have continued to use and i know i would have died cause of my health.,,,,,,BUT,,,,thats just me and i do believe that some people who get on sub are making a mistake,,when i say mistake im talking in terms of the level of their addiction,,,if someone is only taking like 4 vicidins a day and wanted to get off would have an easier time tapering off of those instead of sub.,,sub is very powerful and many times stronger than morhine and very addictive.,,,alot of people dont realize how strong it is because it doesnt get you high like other opiates and we measure the strength of a drug by how high it gets us.,,,so, when the time comes to get off sub its a long tapering process in order to lesson the wd's.,,I dont know how bad they will be cause ive never done it but ive heard its compared to methadone, and ive heard its not that difficult.
Ive been on 16mgs all these yrs and im right now in the process of tapering down to 8mgs.,,,,One thing ive learned from others is that it doesnt take as much to work and with sub the less you have to take the better it works..,,I know that doesnt make sense to most of us who have always believed the more you take the better,,,but with sub its different and it has a cieling affect and after 32mgs if you take more its the same as throwing it away cause it wont have any affect.
Anyway,,i didnt mean to get into all that,,i just wanted to agee with rahsue about having a program to go along with sub.

Tattoo Tommy