View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
rose

Well since my oldest got this job in the mill I see huge changes with him...slowly but surely we are talking....he is around he more....even as tonight he said goodnight mom...I said oh goodnight son. He tells me where he is going and when he will be back...and he is back if not before. I guess there is no way of avoiding the teen years....I am sure we would have gone through the havoc even if my ex was not an addict. Just that I would have had some real support here and not the whole thing on my sholders. Where I don't know if I am handling things right. He is 19 next week, but I think we are on the upswing. things are starting to level out with him.

I know he smoked his share and more of pot, but there are no signs of him smoking it any more. He goes out to Tim Hortons's and gets a coffee and is back here with his coffee or down to the corner stroe to grab an icecream. We had a bunch for dinner last weekend, my girlfriend had her boys come, they had some beer tried to get him to drink he opened one but just had a sip , he told them that he does not drink...I went and made him a glass of ice tea. I was so proud of him for coming right out and saying I don't drink.

I guess I just have to bide time with the youngest and he is coming into the nasty teen years. Would have just been easier with a dad here that could have taken on some of the brunt.

Rose