Thread: Im Booging Out
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
scarlati

Just chiming in here...I think Done With It's onto something with the all caps thing. When I'm scanning through a thread just to see what it's about I instinctively skip over the posts in all caps. Some do find it distracting, I guess because we're just not used to reading that way. Like, if you wrote your whole post in italics or had everything underlined that would be distracting too. So if you feel like your posts aren't getting responses that could be part of the reason.

Anyway, about this...
I WANT TO JUST SCREAM AND CRY AND PUNCH THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF MY BROTHER IN-LAW
...you might think about joining a boxing gym if you can find one. When I started therapy my coucellor told me I needed to build self confidence and assertiveness, so I took up boxing. It not only worked wonders for my confidence and assertiveness issues, but it's also really therapeutic for anger and hostility issues. I don't have many of those, but some days you just feel like punching someone and that's what boxing is all about. And as a bonus, it's a great workout. I almost immediately started losing all the weight I gained on antidepressants.