View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Lexzus))) - I've been there, done that, too. I finally had to realize that my XABF has absolutely no intention of quitting. He calls his ever-faithful pipe "Nadine" and when he said he wanted to marry me, I told him he was already married to Nadine.

Anvil has a good point....she placed the focus on HER and what she would tolerate. Fortunately, she and Hank are on the same page as far as wanting recovery. MY XABF won't ever get to that page...and if he does, I still won't be with him because he's burned too many bridges.

I strongly suggest you get away from him. I've been clean over a year, but absolutely will not be around anyone who smokes crack. I'd like to think I was strong enough in recovery to NOT do it, but don't know for sure, and don't want to take the risk.

Another thing...you don't have to have "proof" that he's using. This is YOUR life, and if he's acting inappropriately, you have the right to not have to put up with it. I would believe my XABF over and over, even though my gut told me otherwise. I finally learned that my gut was ALWAYS right, and I was just being suckered into his addiction.

You deserve to get on with your life, and not be dragged down by him. I see it like this...I've worked really hard to get MY life back on track, I'll be damned if someone else is going to screw up MY life. I refuse to let another man or drug control me...and they DID control me because I let them. No more!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy