View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cece
StrivingToThrive

(((((threeforty22)))))

I can understand your anger. He is the dad. Its his job to take care of you not the other way around.

It seems it's Meth that has triggered this anger. understandably, its scary stuff. but Meth, alcohol, etc? Its all addiction and can destroy lives if we let it.
your mom has been dealing with this for a long time. your knowing is not going to change that.
Even with its insanity the life you have as a family now is what you know. You are afraid if you tell your mom you know about the meth, that will change. your mom will be more upset, your parents marriage will be on the line, and your dad could sink further into his addiction(?)
Wow.
The first thing we as family members need to learn: WE ARE NOT THAT POWERFUL.
you are not responsible for your mother's emotional reaction to this, your parents marriage, either of their sanity ,or any stage of your fathers addiction or recovery.
I know that is hard for us to hear because we are so used to feeling like we are the one who holds it all together.
Its not your job.
i agree with the others. Get to a meeting. nothing has helped me deal with an addict in my life as well as an al-anon, Nar-anon, or an ala-teen meeting.
everyone here can relate in some way to your story so keep coming back. Read the Stickies at the top of this forum page and keep searching and focusing on you. Invite your mom if you talk to her.
Praying for all involved.:praying