View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
iluvmyminpins

Originally Posted by faith12 View Post
I know. I just want a family so bad with this woman and love her so much it would kill me to be away from her. We've only been married two years. I want her to get better today and that just never happens and may not for a very long time.
I know how you feel about the family. AH is so cute with kids (when sober) and I could totally see him rubbing my pregnant belly, being a proud father, teaching his child to play baseball, etc.

We both have fertility issues. I spent thousands of dollars on fertility treatments, just to have them fail. While I was devastated they didn't work, looking bac, I am not sure having a baby with him would be a good idea. When I got home from work today, he was passed out on the coach and my 7 pound dogs were left outside for an undetermined amount of time. What if something similar would have happened to our baby?

I am not willing to give up on becoming a parent. I am open to adoption and to try fertility treatments again, but I am not going to give my child an alcoholic parent. I feel I have some control over that.

It just breaks my heart knowing that inside AH is a man capable of being a great father and that will probably never materialize.