Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
jazpoppy
This catz gone wild!!!

Thanks SQ and ksos. SQ - I was looking for a buzz, but am not now. I do not like the way overusing methadone makes me feel (I get quite sick to my stomach) so I took the extra dose last month got sick to my stomach, fell asleep and felt awful, so that reminded me of why I chose methadone in the first place, it doesn't feel "good" to me like oxy or percoset, it can make me quite sick and I do have a healty fear of overdose so I backed off really quick. I also decided not to ask for an increase, my doctor ajusts my medication by asking a series of questions that are in my opinion "fool proof" and she had already asked if I may need to be raised and I said no, so that's the only reason I was thinking of asking because it was brought up recently. I am going to leave that up to her, because I was using Lyrica but became very swollen in my hands/feet and legs so she took me off of it and it did help for pain so there may be another non-narcotic "break through" medicine I can take.

Anyways I am not abusing this month's supply at all. I am not even thinking about it! I NEVER want to run out early again, and I NEVER want to feel sick from taking too much! Its too easy to overdose on methadone, and I would rather just take what works for my pain. If I started taking more and more on my own, my bf would make me taper off of it and switch back to Sub. Sub didn't work well for my pain, but at that point I had more acute pain as I had just had an accident and tried sub for about 3 months before switching to methadone because it was ineffective for pain, but GREAT for cravings and staying sober, I do admit! If I had NO pain, I would stick with Sub for detox and maintenance if I needed to maintain. It is a wonder-med for people that just can't quit!

Luv

Jaz