Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Msguy

Everyone-thank you so much for the replies.

I have learned so much throughout this. Three things stand out, however.

1. You can't "fix" everyone (or anyone, for that matter). People have to fix themselves, if they can. And for that matter, I now believe that some people can get so lost in their addiction that they can't ever get out. I'm not sure that I can reconcile that thought with God's grace, however.

2. Addiction doesn't discriminate. Good people, bad people, young, old, rich-EVERYONE has the potential to get snagged in it. This was a beautiful woman (inside and outside) with everything going for her.

3. Cocaine is an evil, evil drug. It is as if the Devil himself unleashed this on mankind. The real evil of it is that it lets a person feel as if they are in control and functioning-that they are basically sober. And before you know it, things are upside down. Unlike alcohol, where the process of bottoming out can take years, you can bottom out on cocaine in 30 days, in my opinion.

Thank you all so much. I can never bring her back again, but if at least one person learns from this, her legacy will be worth something.