Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
vtsister

Originally Posted by warrens View Post
Welcome

I agree totally with the above. For one thing, anyone with a "rational mind" would pay their expenses before beer and pot. Geez, that must be a few hundred a month right there! Sounds like he expects to be "parented," and I'm sure you didn't sign up for that.

While you might post on the "friends and family" forum, tell him to log on HERE. We fellow alcoholics will both help him quit if he is willing PLUS we'll let him know what we think about his behavior regarding his "living arrangements."

Your intentions are good, but the effect will guarantee that he never seeks help or decides to "grow up."

Good luck to you.

warrens
Thank you for replying, warrens. I'm afraid that my brother wouldn't log on here. At this point, he doesn't see anything wrong with his drinking, though he has gone through treatment twice so far, and has been clean and sober for varying amounts of time both times.

Right now he just gets mad at anyone that points out how he isn't taking care of his responsibilities.

When he's working, he makes good money, several hundred a week, yet he is always broke. He even got my mother to give him money to buy a used car. He is a charmer, and it is easy for him to get us all to feel sorry for him.

Last edited by vtsister; 03-24-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: add something