Old 03-24-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vtsister

Thank you for your replies. Should I post this at the Friends and Family board you mentioned too?

I'm going to look for AlAnon meetings in our area. My parents could use some help in dealing with my brother too, as he frequently manages to make them feel sorry for him and they end up giving him money to pay his rent, buy a car, etc.

He even has the nerve to go up and "do some work" at my parents' house and then charge them for it, even though he owes them a lot of money from before. They are retired and need their money. The rest of us hate to see our parents being "played" by my brother in order to get cash from them.

He even takes money out of his 2 year old son's piggy bank.

I have one sister who dares to call my brother up and tell him that he's acting like a loser, that his drinking is having an effect on the whole family, etc. He usually just gets mad and goes out drinking after these phone calls. My sister urges me to set down ground rules with my brother, or boot him out, but I haven't been able to. I feel angry about being "used", but feel guilty when I think of telling him he has to leave.

Last edited by vtsister; 03-24-2008 at 06:41 PM. Reason: edit