View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 12:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ksos
Waiting For Engines

Robyn...

I agree with all the issues the other members here have mentioned. You are essentially "self prescribing" by smoking marijuana, but I can almost understand why you are in this situation. By cussing your doctors out and not really focusing on your pain, you are, in effect, not focusing on the very true issue of your pain--which, like the others said, you have yet to describe or truly explore here.

Have you ever asked your physician(s) about a pain management assessment? Smoking weed is not the way to go, obviously, as your pain has not gone away and you say that you are unable to function.

One other issue. You admit to having a history of substance abuse with cocaine. Are your treating MDs aware of this?

Like our fellow members, I am also a chronic pain patient and have to go to my clinic every two weeks simply because I recently told my MD that I was abusing the medication I was getting from him. Now, I have been placed on a pretty severe methodone monitoring treatment plan myself and it might be the best thing that ever happened to me.

As addicts, we need to look at our own perception of pain and how we first look to escape from it. You choose marijuana, I chose to take double my dose and take other drugs to amplify the effect of the Pain medication, and I am certain that other folks who actually do have very real pain, have sought pain relief through other means which were not called for.

Be a responsible patient and reasonably discuss the pain you are in with your MD. If you self prescribe, like you are doing with the weed, than your doctor cannot help you. Get that $h-t out of your system, so you will be able to receive the proper care you need,

Last edited by ksos; 03-22-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Grammar