View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
tennis71

It can be overwhealming if you think about fixing all of your problems at once. For me, thinking about all of my problems (financial, mental health, no job, pending divorce,DUI etc.) always led to a drink, and then 2 etc. Oddly enough the problems never went away when I was drinking.

I suggest starting with one problem, alcohol. I brought up Dr. Bobs story as it is easy to access and it gave me insight into the life of desperate man and his journey to sobriety. If you think that Dr. Bob may have something figured out then you can check out more AA stuff. If not, then you can try other resources.

Here's the link - It is under Dr. Bob's Nightmare
Personal Stories

Working on my sobriety is what is making my life better but it is not meant to discourage you from seeking professional advice regarding depression, chemical dependancy, relationships and so on.

So welcome to SR (forgot to say that before), this site is an excellent resource and forum, and keep posting your questions and concerns. I learn by example and experience and there is a lot of exerience here!