View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
NYC_Chick

Originally Posted by NoelleR View Post
"...From what I have read, seen (with several alcoholics in my family and my current xabf), and been told by two therapist, alcoholics "tend" to be selfish people. I've yet to find one that isn't. Could it be an over generalization? Maybe, but prejudice, not at all..."

"...Yep, my therapist told me the exact same thing..."

Ah, well, if a therapist says it, it must be true.....lol.

....and NYC_Chick...."...Also - I think this board is meant to be a place that is safe to be who you are without someone correcting what it is you are doing wrong, like you correcting anvil's statement. I think we've all had enough "corrections" by others in out lifetime. Why do you care how anyone says anything on here?..." ----- lighten up.....it was just a joke...and besides, it was NOT meant as correction, but as informative/educational.....lolol

NoelleR
I'm not sure I need to lighten up as much as you need to learn to respect other people's feelings, viewpoints and opinions (whether you agree with them or not), and statements even if not gramatically correct to YOU. I don't remember anyone asking for education on anything other than how to cope with their current situation with their abf in this thread.

Good luck in your recovery!