Old 03-20-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
cherbear79

Thank you everyone for your support as always! :ghug3 I did finally hear from him last night (1 am - approx 24 hours after he started his 'binge', and I don't even know how many thousands of dollars later). Luckily, he does not live with me, and we still have our own finances, so I'm not in so deep that it will be impossible to get myself out. But I feel in my heart that this is it. I talked with him this morning on the phone, and I didn't have the same feelings I once did. I guess I just finally see him as someone different than the person I love. And that is a hard reality to face... but i'm facing it. So the next few days/weeks are going to be hard. I know that... but I think it will be better in the long run. I will talk with him in the next few days (face to face) and tell him how I feel... I know he will understand, but I don't know how he will deal with the reality of losing me and my kids afterwards (will he use more? will he work harder in meetings and therapy???) I guess that's not for me to know. Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks again, and I may be checking in once and a while when I need a little will power and strength to stand my ground with a person that I loved so deeply who I will probably never see again.