Old 03-19-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Paul84

I know it's a while since I posted here but I've been looking back at what I posted here. Most of the advice was pretty good and I've had a good bit of help since. I quit drinking totally 6 weeks ago and it is the best thing I ever did. I did it because I pulled in a favour to get a job and they only gave me the job on the basis I was going clean and staying out of trouble. Was really hard to get a job with my record so I decided to give it a go and it's been good since then.

I can't believe that I couldn't see what it had done to me with my family, my job, my girlfriend. My Dad died passed away when I was in prison and I had to push to get out for the funeral. On that day when things were so bad for my family - there was I cuffed up and chained to a guard and then taken back to prison without much time to talk to my family. After getting out I was just delighted to be out but thinking back on being in that position and everybody seeing me like that should have told me straight away that I had a problem.

I've been tempted once or twice but have managed to stay off and know I'll be tempted again but I think I've made the decision to clean things up.