Old 03-19-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by cherbear79 View Post
Well, sorry to say that I'm back. I was very supportive of him, and he had been attending NA meetings and even started seeing a psychiatrist. But as I type this post this morning, I have no idea where he is. He just got his IRS refund the other day, and I got nervous and told him to put it away somewhere, and he ASSURED me (yeah right!) that he had no intention of using the cash for crack. Well, I wish that had been the case. So now that I have resigned myself to the fact that this man that I love so much has a problem that he can't seem to recover from, I am now officially going to close that (once happy) chapter of my life. It absolutely destroys me, and I just can't do it anymore.
I didn't get to read all the responses all the way through, but what I did read I agree with.
I'm sorry you are going through this.. :ghug3

I know it hurts now but you are saving yourself from further pain, and a lifetime of hell.

Like Anvil and Amy said, Recovery is possible, but you have to not use to recover. Once you start using again, you stop recovering and that
'wonderfulness' you spoke of disappears and is replaced with lies, and darkness.

He made his choice, those of us in recovery have to make choices every day, and when we make the wrong ones there are consequences, and you and your kids should Not have to pay for that.
There are men out there that would choose you every time.
I'm glad you chose yourself over a life of drugs.

Love and Light to you.. :ghug3