Thread: Quick Update
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ICU

Smile Quick Update

Home computer broke a few weeks ago so I've been a bit scarce around here. I use the one at the library about twice a week.

My Dad has FINALLY agreed to have some sort of home care person come in and help him with my Mom who has alzheimers. I've been strongly suggesting this to him for months now. Then one of my Mom's docs told him he can't handle it by himself anymore, and BINGO...now he's ready! SIGH....whatever it takes I guess!

I'm getting myself out there in the world of people again. I don't have a job yet, but, I am volunteering at an organization that helps the homeless and the poor. One day a week I work with sorting clothing. Three days a week I work with food sorting, packing, and distribution.

Just today a woman came in who's house burned down on Sunday, and she took two of the fleece shirts I donated. It made me feel good to know that something I did helped someone...even if it was just two shirts.

Once a week I bring in about $10.00 worth of groceries. I have a supermarket near me that has 50% off on discontinued items. After the discount, it's really like donating $20.00 a week! I've found tons of great deals there....name brand stuff too!

I love volunteering!! It just feels....'right' inside!

Anyway, till I get a job, that's what I'm up to. To be honest, I'd love to get 3or 4 part time jobs, as long as I can live on that income that is. I hate the idea of getting stuck in a job for 40 hours a week. I did that years ago until I found something permanent, and I loved it. Life is too short to be miserable.

Anyway, I think about you all everyday and wish you the best! See 'ya round!