View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
User_Name

Good news, I got into the IOP program, starts next Monday. The better news is that my health insurance covers is 100%, no co-pays either.

I met a friend from AA at the dog park today. He has 18 years and said he would walk me through the steps. So I have a new sponsor, I have a program which will help bolster my AA program and I feel good about it.

My new sponsor told me something very interesting. He said "I'm sure you think you are a hopeless drunk, but you aren't. You are young and it's not uncommon for people to struggle even after getting a footing in AA." He also said that it's only in my head that I think I can't get better. He assured me if I follow his direction I CAN get well. I'm overall pretty excited, I want to live my life like I did those 80 days I had sober. My thinking is pretty screwy, I always think there is no hope for me, but what my sponsor said to me makes me feel great. He said he has seen homeless people who have been drunks for 30 years get better, so there is no reason why I can't.

As far as the other AA members not talking to me, my sponsor said some people are still scared to try to give advise in a situation where they are uncomfortable/ don't know exactly what to do.

PS- My dog ran for an hour today with 5 other dogs at the dog park, and he is currently sleeping soundly on the couch covered with a blanket, and will be for the next few hours. He's happy we got to go play.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited by User_Name; 03-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.