View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

My experience is that if I had been told to wait 90 days to work the steps I would still be drunk or dead.

Here is what the Big Book says about when to work the Steps
paragraph 33 of A Vision For You
On the third day the lawyer gave his life to the care and direction of his Creator, and said he was perfectly willing to do anything necessary. His wife came, scarely daring to be hopeful, but she thought she saw something different about her husband already. He had begun to have a spiritual experience.
Many times we will hear people suggest we delay taking the steps until we are "ready." We will hear things like: "first year, first step." This advice contradicts the experience of the authors. Here we see that this man took his Third Step on his third day. If we require a Power greater than ourselves to enable us to stay sober, it is best if we immediately set about establishing contact with this Power. The time to begin taking the steps is as soon as our heads clear from our last drunk.

If it were me I would either have this sponsor start me on the steps immediately or find another one who follows the book.