View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Negative thinking empowers the problem. It takes us out of harmony. Negative energy sabotages and destroys. It has a powerful life of its own.
So true. I've found if I think the worst, I project that and far too often it is what I receive. Expressing gratitude daily has totally changed my life. Gratitude empowers the solution, not the problem.

As I went through the darkest hours of my life to date, I made a point of thinking or saying something I am grateful for whenever a negative thought hit me. It is so easy to be a victim, to have a "why me" mentality, but that does not change a thing. As I learned to identify the things I was grateful for every day, I retrained my whole outlook on life to one of positive energy. I can see that there is a lesson to learn or growth to experience or a new person who will have a positive impact on my journey in each dark cloud of my life.

At first this process of finding the positive was a bit of a struggle, but the more I exibited an attitude of gratitude, the more it became a part of who I am. As my focus shifted to positvie, the energy around me truly became more positive. It's just amazing! One of the things I am most grateful to my HP for is helping me learn to exercise gratitude in my life