Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
DESIGNER

the thing that works best for me is that I made a list.....a long one....of all the horrible sitautions that I was in when I was with the xabf. There is a reason that you are not with him and those reasons are the one that you need to put onto paper(make a couple copies and tape them all over your house if you have to)
I know that it is hard to let them go but maybe loosing you will be the one thing that will make him get his life in order and maybe just one day you will be back together. Like many have said before try as hard as you can to take care of you....eat healthy, excercise, read good books, travel....ect...whatever it takes. I know it is hard to refocus on you...I know b/c that is exactly what I am having to do. For so long my attention has been on him and what he was doing-not what I was doing.

I actually am to the point where I believe that we will never be together again....or maybe we will( you never know what is going to happen in the future). For right now I am not counting on it and I am going to put my happy face on and go out there and be me. I am going to have fun, maybe date here and there and just enjoy life.

My exabf and I are not together for a reason(same as you). I don't know the reason and I may never but it will get better with time. I know this It has not been that long since we have seperated but each day I feel like I am getting a little better.

Hang in there....you are not alone. Believe me when I say this. I know the hurt and doubts you are having right now and they are not fun. Just keep typing away when you feel weak.