Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
carolineb

Mskattie~

You ABSOLUTELY did the right thing. I have been in your shoes. I ignored, ignored, ignored....until one day I was caught off guard and picked up a 'blocked' phone call. I spent a half hour on the phone and went from thinking I was so strong to enjoying the phone call/contact waaaay too much.

It was at that time I realized I wasn't as strong as I thought and that if I let my guard down, this man would slowly creep back into my life and I would NEVER move on to be the strong and healthy person that I know that I am and therefore I would be unable to EVER receive all the good things that will come my way for having gone through so much pain and come out on top.

You saved yourself and need to continue to do so. It is very easy in any type of breakup to forget all the bad and only remember the good. It is like you are stuck in front of a movie reel with toothpicks in your eyelids having to see the good times played over and over again. Don't kid yourself. Don't short change yourself. And DO NOT for one minute think anything will change. Don't get stuck. Keep going.

NYC Chick~girlfriend....get strong. Cut the ties. You need to. You can do it.