View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
splendra
the girl can't help it

((((DW))))

I think addicts and alcoholics display behaviors that sure seem narcissistic. It could be because they are addicted then again maybe not.

My H has gotten himself into a fine mess with child support and they are going to throw him in jail if he does not come thru. So now all of a sudden he has stopped doing dope and is trying to get things straightened out.

I don't feel very impressed and I feel like there is not much remorse regarding how he has screwed me and his kids. He seems way more concerned about his own hide than anything else. I don't feel very much sorrow for him and his plight. I would not be surprised to see him go off on another binge as soon as he is out of hot water which he has 2 more months to go before having another court date.

I have changed i no longer feel it is my job to try and keep him in between the ditches. He has to do this on his own cause I am sick to death of his cr@p...

I don't know about all this counseling you are going to jointly. I personally would not waste my time or money going to marriage counseling with my H cause he is who he is and I do not see him changing. I accept him the way he is but that does not mean I need to allow him to wear me out with his stuff. His stuff is his.

Hang in DW take care of you cause doing that will keep you sane.