Old 03-09-2008, 08:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blake'sTyger

Repost From the Spirituality Forum: The Poison Eaters

Per Warrens' request, the following is reposted from a thread I started in the Spirituality forum. Please forgive me if it is not completely newcomer-forum-appropriate:

I just came across something today called The Sarpashana Sourcebook. From what I understand so far, it is a collection of writings on alcoholism from standpoints of Buddhism, Science/Medicine, and Therapy. So far it seems immensely impactful.

Sarpashana, by the way, means "Poison Eater" in Sanskrit. It seems appropriate-- I personally think "Poison Eater" has a much greater "grab you by the lapels and shake the sh*t out of you" feel to it than the word "Alcoholic" does.

It is available online, for free, here:http://www.shambhala.org/dharma/sarp...Sarpashana.pdf

I am wondering if anyone here on the SR boards would be interested in participating in a reading-and-discussion group involving this document and any others that are relavent to our cause.

If you are interested, please either send me a PM or reply to this indicating so.

Peace and lovingkindness to all,

B'sT