View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kyteach74

Originally Posted by Moontime View Post

She knows NA is part of the package with me.

She never makes me feel like she's competing with NA for me.

I was pretty much up front with it and when I laid my cards on on the table she understood that without NA or recovery there would be no Me.
I knew NA was part of the package and I tried to participate...reading the literature and asking questions. I never went to a meeting, I probably should have, he invited me once, early on but I didn't feel ready yet and then he never asked again. Looking back, maybe I should have spoken up.

I never felt like I was competing with NA until the little -what felt like - "jabs" would come out - "you don't have a program to deal with these types of things" or "I need to spend some time with some other addicts to work this (things that I thought were our issues) out" - maybe they weren't jabs, but they felt like jabs. I just felt so...ignorant for the first time in my life, like there was all this stuff I just didn't "get."

I was grateful for NA everytime I looked at him. There was this strong guy, who could communicate how he felt about things, who WANTED to talk about how he felt about things, who was grateful for every single day he woke up alive. His favorite words are Good Morning...because it meant he got another day to try again.

Thank you to all of you for all of your help/advice...