View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Growing
Progress Not Perfection

Is she still using?

Until your mom is serious about a recovery program...and actually begins working one...gets clean, ect...somewhere, I have heard around a year...you could get hopeful about the situation....as it stands right now...this is what I see...I feel the majority of this is manipulative...she is using her counselor and what this counselor "supposedly" said...to manipulate you. Until she gets clean...and works a program...either counseling alone...12step alone...or a combo of both...I would consider everything she says as a manipulation....the "quacking" of an addict/alcoholic.

Everyone has had it and are seperating themselves from her addiction and the chaos that it causes...she doesn't like it...and is throwing a world class temper tantrum...you have every right to protect yourself....gain some perspective and insight into your own life...heal....and in a years time of your mom staying clean....maybe you and her could build on something in counseling or whatever...don't let this throw you for a loop...I found it very passive-aggressive.

I pray that you will continue on your road to healing...you deserve it. Don't feel guilty for wanting to live your life seperate from this....I applaud you and your efforts to build a sane life....just consider what is happening the reasonable and logical cause and effect of your mothers addiction. She is experiencing the results of all she has done over all these years. Sadly, this is crucial to her turning this thing around...if she chooses to.

NOT YOUR PROBLEM! The best way you can help your mom is to move forward in peace and sanity.

Just my thoughts