View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
elite33
Eliteprogress

Lightbulb New to The Community

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am a newbie here. I have a history of substance abuse. My favorites were codiene, alcohol and marijuana. It took me down a really bad road. I have been on both sides of the fence. I know what drug addiction can do to someone's life by personal experience. I have been clean since 10/10/2006 and now I work with prison inmates in a subtance abuse and life skills program and I am currently taking college courses towards certification as a Substance Abuse Counselor. It's a win/win because it is a constant reminder of why I need to stay away from my old habits. On top of that, I can help others who are struggling because I can relate to what they are going through.

I have spent time in the Army, gone to college and worked for several years in the legal field. I have been married as well as divorced and I am a single mother to three children, my youngest is 8 months old. I look forward to meeting people and getting to know everyone. Please feel free to contact me.