Old 03-05-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Simmion

Yeah, it was. When I got in to the hospital, my pulse ox was only 88, I was in respiratory distress, my respiratory rate was cycling between only 4 breaths per minute and over 70. My throat was swelling shut. They said the infection was poisoning me. I don't know what all they gave me, they put in a main line, but when I started breathing more normally, I was freaking out! I wanted to RUN!!!! BAD!!!!! I was doing markedly better after my trip to the respiratory section and had a breathing treatment. The doctor said he could keep me or send me home with scripts. Since I don't have insurance and a bazillion dollars to pay for a few days in the hospital, I decided to go home.

It was kind of cool to see them scramble at the ER for a change. Usually when you go up there, you sit for hours. But I walked in the door and they are all freaking out and doing their jobs for a change. I think the 20+ people in the waiting room were a little tweaked that I didn't have to wait. They took me straight back in a wheel chair and on the way they took my shirt and started hooking up all these probes. It was kind of neat. Course, I felt like I was dying and I think they thought that too. I got a private trauma room with my own bathroom and a tv!