View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vrb

Today I stood up for myself

3 weeks ago recovering abf says he wants some space, then he gets cold nasty my hurt and pain seems irrelevant to him. Its like I never knew him
I think he's gone back to his ex. I am hurt lonely, frightened and broken hearted. I act out, I ask for time to talk and understand. I get blown off each time - told basically its not important to him.

we work in the same place. he walked out of my office yesterday mad because yet again I tried to get an answer. Yes stupid me, I felt small dumb and weak. (he could never find time to talk outside work so what was I left with). i went home, I thought about it and realized I had hit bottom.
I realized I just couldnt do it anymore. No matter how many times I asked for some time to discuss there was never time, I was being clearly told I was not a priority and my feelings were, well my feelings and not relevant to him. I suppose that's when I realized I had to stop fooling myself and really make a stand for me.

So I sent him a message
1. I didn't need to talk anymore with him, because I had all the information I needed.

2. Any communication was to be strictly for professional reasons.

no response back, not surprising.

I felt better all day, I had finally set a boundary. I didnt think I had the strength or dignity to do it yesterday.
I hope that this will help in the days to come.
I am so sad, and there are moments of peace.
Today I stood up for myself
Today I didn't want to act the same way as I had always done
Today I said that I didn't want any further contact from him
Today I felt me for the first time in a while.
Today was scary
Today is another day
Tomorrow is another day

How did other continue on this path? How did you handle the not so good days?

V