View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Tony barrett

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Hi and welcome Tony.

I used to have a chronic cannabis habit, for about 10 years, I did other drugs and drank too but it was the pot that I leant on to get me through the day. It became my way of coping with life. It led to some severe anxiety and depression issues for me, especially when I quit. I had a kind of anxiety breakdown and started drinking everyday sometime after that. Then I became an alcoholic.
Really, I am one of those people that had mental problems anyway and should never have done ANY drugs at all. They stunted my emotional growth and ability to cope.

So I think I understand some of where you are coming from.

Can you talk to your Doctor about how you are feeling?

Do you want to try and stop doing drugs?
Yes i would really like to stop, i am giving up weed today but know those days ahead can get very tempting. I have gone to my doctor but on every occasion been given either sleeping tablets or anti-depressants which have never helped me or made me feel any better. Its my fault for all this mess and i can't tell my gp what is said on here, my GP is a close friend to my family.
You mention how it stunted your emotional growth, how and in what ways as i would like to know if what goes on in my head is just me or something that can be helped!.