View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Negative Man

Hi All. I don't actually know who we're talking about, but I can tell you that when I was 30-40 days sober, I did my best to help out a number of people on here, including theonlyway and mtnmagic. I was happy to do it, and of course I was not the only one helping them. Help is sometimes something as simple as a kind word.

When I fell off and had to start over, TheOnlyWay and MtnMagic were pillars of support for me. I wouldn't have made it these two weeks without them. I was a hand that helped pull them up, and they turned out to be amazing hands at pulling me up afterwards.

My point being that we're all on a journey here, and the person that we lean on for support and comfort today may be the person we're helping up tomorrow. And of course the other way around too.

Keep helping people. Keep accepting help from others. Thanks for starting this thread, warrens. It's made me think a lot about my friends on SR, AA, and just in life. I'm very grateful for everyone here. That includes everyone on day 1 and on day 1000.

-- NM